Bearly Live '07, July 27-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DougPaul said:
Kayaking

The current state of my leg dictates that I avoid significant walking, so I might be up for some of the above. I have a boat (might need a hand getting it off the car and dragging it around on land) and plan to arrive Fri afternoon.

Doug

do you have to avoid significant drinking? (shizzed)

Last edited:
It looks like I'm going to be arriving on Saturday, not Friday due to some commitments in town. Depending on the weather I'm going to try for a short hike on my way north. Is there anything along the route described by SherpaK?

BTW, Dr McGillicuddy and his Naughty Nurses (I swear I'm not making this up) are visiting some local pubs this weekend. We'll be seeing them, in spirit if not in person.

-dave-

Last edited:
David Metsky said:
BTW, Dr McGillicuddy and his Naughty Nurses (I swear I'm not making this up) are visiting some local pubs this weekend. We'll be seeing them, in spirit if not in person.

-dave-

Carmel actually saw the Dr. McGillicuddy ambulance driving on 195 a few weeks ago. They must be really covering the area. The doctor is in!

- darren

Bob said:
David Metsky said:
...BTW, Dr McGillicuddy and his Naughty Nurses (I swear I'm not making this up) are visiting some local pubs this weekend.
Sorry SherpaK- I guess I'm out, change of plans...

Ok, BoB, I'll gladly drop you off and head over alone...gotta finally meet The Shizz!! :D

Last edited:
giggy said:
this is like a sick joke - you don't get washouts in late july - WTF!!!!! :mad: :mad:

from NWS
ON FRIDAY NIGHT...CLOUDS AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE INTO ALL AREAS AS
MOIST AIR FLOWS IN AHEAD OF A SLOW MOVING COLD FRONT APPROACHING
THROUGH THE ST LAWRENCE VALLEY. THAT FRONT WILL TAKE ALL WEEKEND
TO WORK IT`S WAY THROUGH NEW ENGLAND... SO SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
SHOULD CONTINUE TO BE CLOUDY WARM AND SHOWERY OVER MAINE AND NEW
HAMPSHIRE WITH NO IMPROVEMENT EXPECTED UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE
EARLIEST.

It's gonna be F*ckin' socked in! ;)

Sorry, I had to do it. :D

I'm definitely coming up on Saturday. I'm supposed to be doing a nasty bushwack on Saturday. We'll see weather or not it happens. One way I'll be up early, the other way I'll be up late. Either way, I'm still gonna be there.

Heads up, I called up to cancel my reservation at the campground for Saturday night (which I made a month ago) and they couldnt find it to cancel it.

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful time, and that the number of arrests stays close to zero. We're off to Colorado and will wave from there! :D

I wish I could have been there, but I will be in the Adirondacks with my daughters, doing trailwork.

Wow... It sounds so much more healthier than saying I am leaving for Maine, meeting a bunch of drunk/pot heads, laughing at skimom get naked (NOT !) and partying all weekend like there is no tomorrow.

Errhh.

HAVE FUN !!!

Last edited:
I'll be up Saturday afternoon sometime.....not sure if camping spots available......can always stay up all night :D

Weather is looking crappy for tomorrow so I'll be up there early enough to pass out early... :confused: :rolleyes: :D

Jus' kiddin' I'm the one who will keep the party rollin' until late... or midnight. :eek:

FWIW, me and a friend are planning to do Tecumseh from Tripoli Road around 9:30am. Anyone is welcome to join us!

Have a great weekend!!

Bubba is right...this is my hiking family :D

I would love to join you guys, but don't see an 8 hour trip back and forth happening, since last night at my folks' house (in Spfld, VT) I could still see the snow covered mountains out my window :eek:

Have a grrrrreeeaaat weekend and take lots of pics!!

Hanna

Ah, a good time was had by all. Trip report and photos to follow, depending on how large the bribes to keep some "special" photos out of the mix. :eek:

-dave-