Bearly Live '07, July 27-29

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello out There

Uhhh, ummm, hmmm - in case y'all somehow missed this...

THIS IS GONNA BE THE BLOWOUT PARTY OF THE SUMMER!!!

AND WE GONNA ROCK THE HOUSE!!!

:D :D :D

Reactions: arm
Heading to Maine!

I'll be leaving for vacation later today, and will be at the cabin from 7/20-8/5. If you are in the area, stop in and say hi. Directions are at the end of the original post.

Sincerely looking forward to having folks up for Bearly Live! Shizzy promises to stay away from the grill :rolleyes: , and giggy will get naked :eek: !

If you need to get in touch with me, my phone number is in the directions, or you can PM MadTownie.

SherpaKroto said:
Sincerely looking forward to having folks up for Bearly Live! Shizzy promises to stay away from the grill :rolleyes:

So WHO is this Shizzy guy that I keep hearing about? Does he perform in the band too? I've heard so many things about him that I almost feel like I know him! If I attend, it'll be especially to meet Shizzy! ;)

You haven't met Shizzy? (aka The Shiz Master General, or Puff Daddy?) God didn't break the mold after this guy, he smoked it... :D

I have to add to the Shizzy rep :) , though he doesn't post much, (or actually at all), he is a blast to camp with and cooks things that make you drool... :)

And never second this guys ability... He has climbed Baxter and Hamlin peaks in winter, along with a brutal bushwhack thru 6 feet of snow on Whitecap. :eek:

The only negative thing I can say about him is "No more Mo" and practice a little more with lighting a white gas stove in a 70 year old wooden bunkhouse... :D

Reactions: arm
THis summer sucks

this is like a sick joke - you don't get washouts in late july - WTF!!!!! :mad: :mad:

from NWS
ON FRIDAY NIGHT...CLOUDS AND SHOWERS WILL MOVE INTO ALL AREAS AS
MOIST AIR FLOWS IN AHEAD OF A SLOW MOVING COLD FRONT APPROACHING
THROUGH THE ST LAWRENCE VALLEY. THAT FRONT WILL TAKE ALL WEEKEND
TO WORK IT`S WAY THROUGH NEW ENGLAND... SO SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
SHOULD CONTINUE TO BE CLOUDY WARM AND SHOWERY OVER MAINE AND NEW
HAMPSHIRE WITH NO IMPROVEMENT EXPECTED UNTIL SUNDAY NIGHT AT THE
EARLIEST.

What's a few showers??? All one has to do is follow DougPaul's advice.

We'll just play between the raindrops! :cool:

Mad Townie said:
We'll just play between the raindrops! :cool:
Or take up whitewater boating. By the time you put your wetsuit etc on, rain is irrelevant. If it snowed, we just scooped up the slush from the boats and threw snowballs at each other...

Doug

HikerAmiga said:
So WHO is this Shizzy guy that I keep hearing about?
you're in for a real treat, lady !

legend has it that he can leap tall mountains in a single belly-flop

mere mortal men don't stand a chance with the ladies when Shizzmac is around

Shizzy in Europe

this is gonna be a Fun weekend ! :)

Last edited:
Hey folks, highky unlikely I will make it over for the event. My new job requires a home office and the only time I can get help with the drywall is this weekend.

Kayaking
Bob said:
both days if possible. Any other takers? I can bring an extra 'recreational' type kayak if anyone needs one.
The current state of my leg dictates that I avoid significant walking, so I might be up for some of the above. I have a boat (might need a hand getting it off the car and dragging it around on land) and plan to arrive Fri afternoon.

Doug