Bearly Live '08: July 25-27, Oxford, ME

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Freddy's limo service

Will be there this year....beside, Freddy needs a big car for all his sophisticated equipment....& Gail.

Mimi said:
Will be there this year....beside, Freddy needs a big car for all his sophisticated equipment....& Gail.
Hmmm... I thought Gail WAS his sophisticated equipment :D Last year he showed up with a pack, a few mics, a guitar, and Gail. As much as I like his music, I enjoyed Gail's company most :). I did speak to him yesterday and he is also taking an amp this year!

Speaking of sophisticated equipment: it takes me 3 trips to get just MY equipment up to Maine: drums, cymbals, hardware, congas, guitars, guitar and harmonica amps, speakers, monitors, PA power amps and rack gear, mics, cables, unpowered and powered mixers, stands, rugs, etc. And then 1/2 a day to set it all up. I'm also planning to backpack right after BL'08, so I also need all my real gear. Thank George W that gas is so cheap :(

Of course, like magic, it all just happens! This year we hired a stage manager to help out. Seriously.

If you like music and a good time, you'll be kicking yourself later if you miss this.

I'm going to make it this year and I'll be bringing my flute.

Any Montrealers who want to leave Montreal Friday after 6 pm and depart from la-la land noonish on Sunday let me know.

Gonna hike something on Saturday.

I just booked the last $23 / night tent site. The remaining ones have electricity + water and are $28 / night.

Party at the moon tower. You aughta ditch the two geeks your with and ride along with us, but that's alright. I will see you there. All right, all right, all right.

- darren

Yep, got the water/electricity site at $28...hard to get through on the telephone but finally did. If you give them names of individuals you know, they'll try to fit you close by. Darren, I think I'm across from you! :)

SherpaKroto said:
Hmmm... I thought Gail WAS his sophisticated equipment :D Last year he showed up with a pack, a few mics, a guitar, and Gail. As much as I like his music, I enjoyed Gail's company most :). I did speak to him yesterday and he is also taking an amp this year!

Speaking of sophisticated equipment: it takes me 3 trips to get just MY equipment up to Maine: drums, cymbals, hardware, congas, guitars, guitar and harmonica amps, speakers, monitors, PA power amps and rack gear, mics, cables, unpowered and powered mixers, stands, rugs, etc. And then 1/2 a day to set it all up. I'm also planning to backpack right after BL'08, so I also need all my real gear. Thank George W that gas is so cheap :(

Of course, like magic, it all just happens! This year we hired a stage manager to help out. Seriously.

If you like music and a good time, you'll be kicking yourself later if you miss this.

Sherpa, If I'm available the weekend before and I can help you carpool gear up.

I'm booked on one of the $23 sites, but I had to pay extra for having more than two adults??

skimom said:
I'm booked on one of the $23 sites, but I had to pay extra for having more than two adults??

Yep, it's $4.50 each person after 2. Limit of 4 per site. We'll make sure to follow that rule. :rolleyes:

My site is all booked up.

Well, all I can say is I am very flattered that all of you are making the effort (and expense) to come to this year's event! We will certainly do our part to make it worth your while :) I guess I'll have to be on my best (worst) behavior since our esteemed Poobah is joining us! Might have to do some "skiing" with the Doctor ;)

Re: water. I know the filtration system they use. Treat/filter the water before drinking. It's a very sophisticated system, but draws directly from the lake (and goes through a number of carbon, etc filters).

Dani: I think I'm good. I go up near every weekend, so I take up a bit each time. If all I had to worry about was the music stuff, I'd be good. I'm planning on backpacking right after BL'08 (or BLOB as it is becoming known :D) then right down to Ct for "Gathering of the Vibes", so I have a LOT of gear headed to Maine.

Last edited:
My reservations are in. Will have room for two other folks. Will probably be up for a paddle at some point so one of the strippers will be on the roof. (lets see what comments that elicits)!.

peakbagger said:
My reservations are in. Will have room for two other folks. Will probably be up for a paddle at some point so one of the strippers will be on the roof. (lets see what comments that elicits)!.

I'm looking forward to seeing your strippers. I'd even like to paddle one if I can. :D

- darren

First One!

I'm planning to be there. Still looking for a place to stay, so if anyone has extra space please let me know. This is my first Bearly Live and I really need to cut loose after 6 months in grad school :eek: :eek: :D

Hanna

Wow!

Looks like possibly a MUCH bigger turnout than last year. Of course the - dramtically - just plain wrong great flood forecast affected lots of travel plans for BL07. Better nail those re-treads to your feet Sherp... ;)

Just reserved a camp site for Saturday night for 2 people. If my schedule clears up I"ll try yo make it up Friday.I'm new to VFTT and it sounds like a great time, looking forward to it.

peakbagger said:
Will probably be up for a paddle at some point so one of the strippers will be on the roof. (lets see what comments that elicits)!.
Lots of good bass fishing in the ponds though I've heard that you need a real long pole to fish with one of those strippers :rolleyes: The flatwater paddling is pretty sweet also! You can go 4 miles up, or just stay on the 2 ponds and do about the same length paddle.