Boston (sort of) Beer Night -- Nov. 16!

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinista

Reaction score
Anyone up for a Boston Beer Night on Friday, Nov. 16 in ... Burlington, Mass.?
I have a rare three-day weekend and am planning on making a pilgrimage to southern NH/Boston area. It'd be great to see the gang for some brews!

For logistical reasons, I was thinking of the Burlington Marriott hotel bar -- it's right off the highway, close to folks who live north of Boston as well as folks who work in Boston but live in Southern New Hampshire.

Any takers?

Oh sure, couldn't have done it when I *lived* in Burlington???
:D

I have this funny feeling I'm not going to be around unless the weather's bad that weekend.

Good possibility I'll be there. I'd like to check out the new LLBean in Burlington, too.

Burlington LL Bean

Not to hijack this thread, but the Burlington Bean is Bogus. 'Course, we never went back after our visit 6 months ago when the boot salesman said they don't stock wide widths-we'd have to order them online. People complain that EMS caters to yuppies? Nothing compared to this! Women's faux fur coats, but not a single expedition fleece? :rolleyes:

audrey said:
Not to hijack this thread, but the Burlington Bean is Bogus. 'Course, we never went back after our visit 6 months ago when the boot salesman said they don't stock wide widths-we'd have to order them online. People complain that EMS caters to yuppies? Nothing compared to this! Women's faux fur coats, but not a single expedition fleece? :rolleyes:
Audrey - could not agree more! I thought that store had almost nothing to do with anyone doing anything outdoors...

amstony said:
Weren't you going to take us all on a 4 mile run as part of beer night too? :eek:
I may be around for this. There is probably some inside joke here on that run, but the scales will tip me closer to the yes side if there is really a 4 mile run involved. I mean a hiking group should do something to deserve a beer night, no?:D The water would certainly be earned. It would be good to meet some more Views Folks.

Early Bird said:
I may be around for this. There is probably some inside joke here on that run, but the scales will tip me closer to the yes side if there is really a 4 mile run involved. I mean a hiking group should do something to deserve a beer night, no?:D The water would certainly be earned. It would be good to meet some more Views Folks.

Well, it was a bit of a joke, but actually I'd be up for a run prior, as would be Alpinista. She'll be nearby, and a good run in Mines Falls Park, or its equivalent, followed by picking up Chanelgirl at work, would be good. Plus we would smell bad, which would give us more space for more VFTT folks at the bar!!!! :D :) Let me know!!

Fabulous! I think we still need to determine 1) the running time and 2) the drinking time. :D

amstony said:
Well, it was a bit of a joke, but actually I'd be up for a run prior, as would be Alpinista. She'll be nearby, and a good run in Mines Falls Park, or its equivalent, followed by picking up Chanelgirl at work, would be good. Plus we would smell bad, which would give us more space for more VFTT folks at the bar!!!! :D :) Let me know!!

So...it looks like a few of us will be able to kick off festivities around 5:30 p.m.! Tentatively planning to get out for a run beforehand, probably around 4ish -- either in southern NH or maybe around the Charles. If anyone is interested in that, holler and we'll get a time and place for the pre-beerfest run settled. :D