Brutus – In Memoriam, 2000-2011

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kevin,

I offer my condolences and celebrate what seem to have been beautiful friendships! Thank you for showing what awesome companions you've had and how playfully life can be shared. May they rest in peace in your memory and may you find a quiet winter evening in the snow to celebrate their lives with you.

--Mike.

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife and Brutus. I extend to you my very heartfelt condolences. They will both live in your heart always.

Brutus and Sabrina's pups were the first four legs that I became acquainted with on VFTT. I loved your trip reports and always looked forward to them. He was a great dog and had so many loyal friends.

Take care. We are all thinking of you and care deeply.

An amazing accomplishment for you and your dog.Godspeed. Hard to really understand or even to put into words. Best going forward.

Kevin, losing them both in such a brief period of time must be tough to bear. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope the fond memories will be some solace as you grieve. I wish I had the pleasure to meet both of them. The picture you took of them both watching old faithful always makes me smile.

Deepest Condolences. jason

Very sorry to hear of your losses. I was lucky enough to be among Brutus' many admirers and well-wishers who tagged along on his Mt. Cannon finish. Ribbons were handed out to all of the extended Brutus Brigade that day and I still keep mine pinned to my pack.
-vegematic

BrutusAndKevin.jpg

I am so glad I got the chance to meet you and your furry friend at least once that quiet day on Camels Hump - he was certainly in his element. So sorry to hear he has passed.

A magnificient companion, and what beautiful relationships.

I know how you feel with the loss of family, there is never a good time for it, but what a life fulfilled.

Sorry to hear of your loss. Thanks for sharing the stories, I've read some about Brutus, and he was clearly an incredibly strong dog that lived a beautiful life.

So sad

Oh Kevin that is so sad.....I am sorry for your losses. I feel honored to have met Brutus and you twice over the years. Once coming south off Eisenhower in September, and in the winter on Waumbek.

"If there are no dogs in heaven, then I want to go where the dogs are" -Mark Twain

Last night I had a dream in which I was taking care of a friend's yellow lab and a black bear came along and befriended us. Guess I was thinking of Brutus last night.

Kevin,

I never met Brutus, but have enjoyed seeing photos with him in them, and hearing about your trips with him.

As another Newf owner/friend, I know how endearing those wonderful, noble beasts are.

I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you will be comforted with your memories.

Tim