Pierce Through Washington to Complete my Single Season Winter 48 - 2/16/2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congratulations!!!!

What a combination of determination, grit, stamina, and stregnth! Throw in a killer smile and a goofy sense of humor, and you've got Larisa. Congratulations on an truly stunning achievement.

Congrats!!!

Glad you finished in style!!

Great job! Sorry I missed your finish...but the ADK's were calling....

hope to get out for a hike soon with you!!

Great TR & Accomplishment!!:D

Congratulations on a most excellent accomplishment!
It was very nice to meet you and read of your exploits in your well written reports and outstanding photos.I thoroughly enjoyed them all.Also I can really relate to transitioning from a solo hiker to hiking with groups from this forum.That first time back out on your own is really a mind blowing experience.
AWESOME JOB!
Rob

Well Done!

Glad I could tag along on such a smashingly beautiful pair of days in the Presidentials. Kaleidoscopic lighting, beautiful weather, and the company of two goofed-out hiking addicts made for a very memorable weekend.

Outstanding accomplishment, Larisa! ( the youngest 48 in one winter?)

I'll post some more photos later, just a teaser for now...
LeavingLOCSunset900.jpg

Leaving LOC at Sunset

goofed-out

goofed-out hiking addicts---you got that right...

Awesome Job Girl! :)

Not only a great finish, but with two awesome hiking companions as well!

Looks like it was just perfect weather for you.

Will read through teh TR after work... :eek:

Congratulations! The W48 is quite an accomplishment in its own right; tack on single-season and you've qualified for the title of "machine".

Get that paperwork in quick for the April awards!

For your next accomplishment, have you considered ... sleep? :D

Cool!

Until a few years ago I never even knew people did stuff like this. Then I met a guy with a little dog that was working on his second round in one season. It got me thinkin' about it and since then Emma and I have knocked off 31. It's taken a few years. All the time I've thought about how do you accomplish this in one season? How do you manage this? Working all week, only hiking on weekends. Getting up at ungodly hours on your day off, driving several hours, getting out of the car in frigid temps and hiking long trails, many further than the other three seasons because of long, boring road walks.

I fantasize about retiring and trying this. Picking my days. Good weather, moderate temps. Staying nearby the night before and the night after the hike.

I don't know where you found it, but somewhere, deep inside of you is a toughness, an iron will, that got you through this. I don't think I will ever have that drive, all I can probably ever do is admire people like yourself. I should think you could face anything in life and come out the victor.

Rock on, young lady!

KDT

Brilliant.

Larissa, I remember back in November when you'd only ever done one winter hike. That must seem like lifetimes ago.

Congratulations. Now, I think you're ready to go save the world.

After seeing Tim's photo and the ones in your report I can't wait to see more! Absolutely amazing what you have accomplished in such a short time! If smiley icons could bow down to your grit, stamina & fun-loving sense of adventure this one certainly would!:D Even more amazing is that the day you picked to do Washington was the lowest winds of the month, right after the Friday/Saturday peak, and the highest percent of sunshine in over ten days! Hats off to you and the folks that took the time to hike with you! Terrific journey we shall all remember and will probably want to celebrate soon!;)

Congratulations! All of your trip reports this season have made me so jealous! I wish I lived closer to big mountains! :D

Now, what to do next?

Maybe you should finish all 48 in consecutive seasons. That'll keep you busy for the rest of the year! :eek:

Thank you, thank you, thank you all for your kind words. :)

I've finally started sorting through my pictures (oh, the joy of being an insomniac). Here are a few from the Northern Presis...