VFTT winter gathering 2010?

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coldfeet

Reaction score
I've been waiting for a thread. Usually around Martin Luthor King weekend in January....is it to early to talk about this yet?....There is a large ADK winter gathering around Feb 20th so maybe another state? Thx....just want to mark the calendar before my wife fills in all of the dates :rolleyes:

not a chance... I don't know what I am doing next week - never mind jan 2010...

if its there, and I am a climbing (ie good weather), I will attend

If bad weather, I don't feel the pull to NH as much as I used too..:eek::) Movie or sports night on TV sounds better on crap weather weekends...

Barnes Field was my first vftt gathering a few years ago, organized by Sherpa...the weather was crazy that weekend, little bit of everything....rain, sleet, ice....I remember someone's tent was blown down, it laid in a puddle of water and 24hrs later it was under an inch of ice :eek:

Barnes Field was my first vftt gathering a few years ago, organized by Sherpa...the weather was crazy that weekend, little bit of everything....rain, sleet, ice....I remember someone's tent was blown down, it laid in a puddle of water and 24hrs later it was under an inch of ice :eek:
Yeah, I think Giggy is being pretty selfish about not taking charge and organizing this. Some people don't understand what responsibility is.

-Dr. Wu

well if you (GIGGY) decided to do something the weekend of january 22nd that would be great as i will be at loon that weekend and could stop bye barnes.

well, there's the date. the winter gathering is on the 22nd of january and it's at barnes field. just show up. done. :rolleyes:

Thanks for organizing this, Gig. Since you're saying you're going to be there even if it's crappy weather I think I might try to make this one.
So when is it? Lex Luthor weekend?

MLK = Monday, the 18th of January

Monday, the 18th of January, and Timmus... it's soooo google-able!!

PS - nice job Giggy. The weather is also your responsibility. Don't screw up! :p

sorry, first to reply is the organizer, gig.

the-simpsons-nelson.jpg

Thx Giggy and just for organizing it I'll bring up a doz NYC bagels for ya....let me know what type you like.....

and since I'm driving over 300 miles would it be possible to have it on MLK weekend. I'd love to enjoy a full Sunday instead of leaving early to drive back home......please?

bubba, I gotta get you your pics...I made a copy but it's mixed up with a few dozen cd's laying around my house...:(

I'll be there pretty much regardless of where it's held. The VFTT Winter Gathering is one of the best events of the year. It's also about the only time in winter where you can actually get a sunburn (thanks to UFC!). This year I will be wearing a welder's mask so I can actually view the campfire...

Nice job of stepping up and organizing it this year Giggy! :)

I have to say, at this point I have a little more respect for Giggy now that he's organizing it.

Thanks for taking charge, Gig...

-Dr. Wu

So, Giggy,
is it going to be the weekend of the 15th or the 22nd?
either one i could probably swing......
nice job organizing this man! we owe ya one.