5th Annual Adirondack BBQ and Hiker Gathering

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OOPS-I just saw the local corn question. There is a place but it's about a 15 minute drive to exit 34 in Keeseville. Pray's market. There's a farmers market in E-town this friday, I'm sure there will be some there. Fresh corn is always a favorite.

Maddi wants to know who's bringing the floss???

As I mentioned I was unable to get the spit this year, so no huge piece of beef. I'm going to do grilled sausage with peppers, onions, and some fresh garlic.

Maddi now wants to know whos bringing the breath freshener.

I will have the parking marked with orange cones, very easy to see.

peak_bgr said:
?

As I mentioned I was unable to get the spit this year, so no huge piece of beef. I'm going to do grilled sausage with peppers, onions, and some fresh garlic.

Damm, I nominate Spongebob to take it's place :)

Jay

Sorry, everyone, but I'm going to have to send my regrets this year. Having only gotten back from Colorado yesterday, not even unpacked yet, and the need to be at work Friday I can't justify the time away, especially when it's 6+ hours each way to drive.

Have a great time and I'll be wishing you fantastic weather!

MichaelJ said:
Sorry, everyone, but I'm going to have to send my regrets this year. Having only gotten back from Colorado yesterday, not even unpacked yet, and the need to be at work Friday I can't justify the time away, especially when it's 6+ hours each way to drive.

Have a great time and I'll be wishing you fantastic weather!
Wimp! :eek: :D

Gail and I will be arriving sometime Friday night, looking forward to catching up w friends and meeting new people. Special thanks to Spencer for having us!

It sucks to be me!

Okay, I'm going to blame this on being beat up on the mountain and pond-sucking Giardia... but I thought I had another week till the BBQ :mad: (I just pieced this together from teejay's post...)

I've got friends coming up to the cottage and a golf outing on Saturday... no way I'll be able to squeeze out of this one.

I'm hating this... what the heck am I going to do next weekend?????

Y'all have a great time. AND, if it doesn't rain I'm really mad! Spence, Maddi - I'll catch up with you guys soon.

PS - now who's making the brownies?? :p

Hey Spence and Maddy, thanks for putting this together again. I'll be there Friday night 8ish. Can't wait for the barn fire.

NOAA said:
Friday: A chance of showers, mainly after noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 70. Light south wind. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Friday Night: A chance of showers, mainly before 2am. Partly cloudy, with a low around 56. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 79.
Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 60.
Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 83.
Well bubba, it looks kinda dry so far. Saturday night looks good for watching Perseid meteor shower.

See you all Friday.

Looks like we'll finally be able to make it this year. We'll be coming on Saturday, mid-afternoon probably.

Thank's Maddy & Spence for putting this weekend gathering. I will show up on Friday around 8ish with a friend.

Ciao

Jay I plan on joining you also for Saturday's hike and Sunday's big finish
Is Harry freezing a beer for you... it would be just like ice cream
Al

7summits said:
Well bubba, it looks kinda dry so far. Saturday night looks good for watching Perseid meteor shower.

See you all Friday.
I'm sending over rain, just in case!! :p

TMax - Lurkers are encouraged. There have been several over the years that have showed up and become active hiking partners since!! :)

I think I'll make a batch of brownies and eat 'em all thinking about all of you! Let's see... what will I wash them down with???

Cool, AL, 8am at the HPIC/LOJ parking lot for Skylight/Gray/Marcy... BE THERE!!! I will be arriving tired with TMax on saturday night...

Jay