It’s a Nice Day For A Wu Wedding – June 17, 2006

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sapblatt

Reaction score
In a strange turn of events MEB met Gail and I at our house (is this first time she has ever been south of the WMNF?) just before 2:00PM (a very late start for me) so she could follow us to Sudbury for the big event. Traffic was light and we made it to the trailhead in plenty of time.

For those of you who did not know, Frank (Dr. Wu) and Jess were married yesterday in a very nice ceremony at the Wayland Inn. I was very happy to be invited and was thrilled to be able to read a poem at the service. I am sure you are all wondering…it did not rain (until well after dinner!) The Justice of the Peace mentioned that it was the first Saturday there in six weeks that stayed dry through the afternoon – a lot like my recent hikes.

Jess had wore a beautiful wedding dress and Frank was stylin’ in a three-piece Calvin Klein suit – I thought it was a Marmot, but I was mistaken. I am glad Frank did not shave or I may not have recognized him!

Obviously, we were seated at the “Hiker’s Table” that included Jessbee and her friend Tom, Lindsay (sleeping bear), Mary Ellen (MEB), Best Man Eric (Barbarossa), Julie (timmus) and her partner John (or is it Jean?), and Tom (Dalraida/hillwalker), Gail and me. We all had a great time talking with everyone and meeting a few new friends. We got further evidence of timmus’ immense artistic talents as she was enlisted by Frank to make the rather hilarious wedding program. It was nice to read the bios of the friends and family and it was nice to see that Frank and Jess are surrounded by over achieving super heroes with incredible powers! :)

I also had a great time discussing some of Tom’s bushwhacks with him…ah, someday. The finer points of hard rock and heavy metal were discussed with John when we debated the finer nuances like “which Iron Maiden singer was the best one?” Frank acted as DJ and created a nice mix of dance music that included something for everyone – even “Dead or Alive!”

Congratulations to Frank and Jess and we all wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Hear Hear

We all signed wedding/summit log with appropriate Kartoons and comments. Welcome to the new hiking family! Good luck fitting the wedding log into a jar kids :D

congrats and many happy years ahead to the Wu's!

:cool:

Best wishes to the happy couple! But it's a wedding, we need pictures!!!

Chas.

It was indeed fabulous! I'll add a few details...

They had the best wedding programs I've ever seen.

Sapblatt had a very special part in the ceremony, which was short and sweet. Then it was a done deal . Dinner and drinks followed.

After dinner an announcement was made about signing the guestbook, which the "hiker table" promptly turned into a summit register with the artistic help of Jessbee and Timmus.

It was fun to ding the glasses to make the newlyweds smooch often .

Jess and Frank had the first dance . Then the 80's music started. Unfortunaly, since I had to drive home, I could not consume enough alcohol to get my dancing shoes on.
"Who ya gonna call... GHOSTBUSTERS!"

Before parting for the evening, we did manange to pull Frank off the dance floor for this lovely shot .

Frank, you had an awesome wedding. You and Jess are so cute and I wish you a happy lifetime together!

The rest of my photos are here although, although a lot of them are kinda grainy.

Last edited:
Great pictures, Lindsay!

What a wonderful event!! This was the most unique wedding I've ever attended and I had a great time. Jess and Frank, best of luck to the both of you, you make an awesome couple.

huge congrats to frank and jess :D :D :D - I had an plan to call MEB at 5pm and have the traverse folks yell congrats into the phone - but I tried calling a couple of times b/t 5 and 5:30 from the web/jack trail and couldn't get thru :(

Congratulations Frank and Jess... I was next to Guy when he was trying to call, coming down from Webster...

Wishing you many years of happiness in and out of the mountains which form our lives.

Jay

*I told you should of had it on the summit of Jefferson... :p

Way to go Frank & Jess! What a beautiful wedding and fabulous food!

Mike, are you serious about the traffic being light??? :eek: :eek: Dang, my hands are still killing me from gripping the wheel so tightly. :D :eek: :D

-MEB

Congratulations y'all!! WOOOOOO-HAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
naw wait, i'll change it up... WUUUUUUUU-HAAAAAAAAA!!!!

so was the honeymoon at Guyot? Carter Notch? Someplace reached by trail?

Please, Please Please don't tell me there was any whackin' on your honeymoon!?!?!? :eek: :rolleyes: :) ;) :eek: :D

Thanks

I'd just like to thank fellow VFTT'ers Jessbee (& Tom), Lindsay, Tom Hillwalker, Barbarossa, Timmus (& John), MEB, Sapblatt (& Gail) for taking the time on Saturday to be there for our wedding. I had a great time and I hope you guys had a blast. Too bad we can't get them VFTT'ers to dance more though!!! :D :D But it looked like you guys had a good time!

Thanks to all the well wishers as well. Hope Jess and I see more of you on the trails (and off the trails!) soon!

-Dr. Wu

Thank you so much Frank for inviting us, John and I had a blast ! The wedding was beautiful, the food was very good and VFTTr's do dance !!

We had the chance to visit a bit of Boston, he's all my pics. No hiking though, but a lot of scenic roads in Vermont.

I wish you two the best of luck, and you guys looked so happy during the entire day, it makes me want to get married too !!!!

sapblatt said:
The finer points of hard rock and heavy metal were discussed with John when we debated the finer nuances like “which Iron Maiden singer was the best one?” Frank acted as DJ and created a nice mix of dance music that included something for everyone – even “Dead or Alive!”

Mike, John wants you to know that you missed ''Goodbye to Romance'', which was a pretty risky choice for a wedding evening, Frank !! You did a good job with the music, I really enjoyed the evening.

Hey Wu! Congratulations! Everybody seems to have had a fantastic time at your wedding.

Will you be posting a TR of your wedding night? Nah, forget it. Bad idea.

Say, now that you're married can you still go hiking? We have a long overdue one for the Dacks. We'll have to get Timmus in on that whenever it happens.

Once again. Congratulations!