La Fin Du 46 - Basin and Saddleback 6/14/2009

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funkyfreddy

Reaction score
Pardon my french, but I'm looking at an empty bottle of La Fin Du Monde that Prino gave me this past year. He crossed out Monde and wrote 46, so this was my official end of the ADK46 beer, lol.

We had a great day this past Sunday, June 14th, 2009. Participants included Phil (Prino), Brian (Bushwacker), Gail, Danny, Suzanne, Bryan, and myself. Photos are here

http://picasaweb.google.com/djgreig2009/2009dacks#

I'd love to thank all of them for coming and making it such a memorable day! What a hike! We got chased off of Basin's summit by thunder and lightening and got rained on a bit between the 2 summits, but once we got up Saddleback the sun came out again! Quite a way to finish my 1st round of a fantastic group of mountains with fantastic companions! I can't thank you enough for making it such a great experience!

Last edited:
Great job!!! Love the pics too. Can't wait to get those two in myself. Just started though so it might be awhile. 2 down and 44 to go. Uggg. The Addy's sure gave me a good first impression though. Congrats:cool:

Congrats, FF!! Your tale of T-storms on Basin reminds me of when I was up there a few years ago with Hillman1 for his 46th. Way to go! :cool:

Awesome!

Congratulations again Freddy!

It was a great day and the weather worked out to perfection. The drama built as the dark clouds and thunder and lightening in the not too distant distance scared the **** out of us. :)
I don't think you could have planned it any better. You made Saddleback cliffs look like a piece of cake for #46.

Here are my pics. There is one brief video as you approach the top of Saddleback, before my camera went kaput!

I stole the "Fin du 46" idea from Harry K by the way.

Those are nice pics by Danny!

Last edited:
To continue as you started the thread, Mes félicitation Freddy. And I did not drink La fin du monde before. :)
Seriously, I am very happy for you that you finish your list of ADK46. :)

CONGRATULATIONSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad to hear about your success. Excellent work. Now, onto your Winter 46!

Thumbs up for Freddy!

Way to go Freddy! A great big congratulations! Wish I could have been there for you. Hope to see you soon.

Congratulations! Basin's the best for ever for you!

One little question though: is that why, two days ago, while going towards the amphitheater we found a bunch of party ballons?:D

Christine