Major Nor-easter for New England

vftt.org

Help Support vftt.org:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just drove home to Merrimack in Southern NH from Bethlehem under a full moon with some stars out. It flurried a little off and on all day up north, but did not stick to the ground. On Rte 93 the roads were dry to about exit 23 - no snow :< At exit 20 there was maybe an inch of snow. South of Concord we started seeing more. At our house we have maybe a foot.

bobandgeri said:
Just drove home to Merrimack in Southern NH from Bethlehem under a full moon with some stars out. It flurried a little off and on all day up north, but did not stick to the ground. On Rte 93 the roads were dry to about exit 23 - no snow :< At exit 20 there was maybe an inch of snow. South of Concord we started seeing more. At our house we have maybe a foot.

That is exactly the kind of report I was looking for! I am amazed at the sharp cutoff in snow totals. I heard that Manchester got about 6 or 7, while over in Chester we got 13...and that might be low.

The Whites will win next time! :D

grouseking

We got .6 here at Plymouth State.. Hopefully there will be something special next week for us..-Mattl

1/4" of fresh powder in Madison, NH. Perfect conditions for tracking! I bushwacked the northern slopes of Mt. Hedgehog on Saturday without snowshoes in about 4" of cruchy snow, great traveling. This fresh powder on top will be perfect for tracks, a great time to be in the forest! :)

Happy Trails!

About 15" of snow fell saturday night here in NJ sunday morning so I did the proper thing, went snowshoeing from my backyard. I returned around 1pm when the snow stopped and simply shoveled out the pile the snow plow left at the end of my driveway and the walkway between my car and my back door.

Am kind of diappointed that although I was able to go on an awesome snowshoe here, the catskills got only like 3 inches or so in the valleys and probably missed the ADKs for the most part.

This morning I remembered to shovel out a little path so the postman can deliver the mail though. I'll finish up the walkway to the front door today..

Jay

Nothing in Thornton. Had to shovel 18'' in my driveway when I returned to CT Sunday evening.

Got about 22" in southern Fairfield County, CT. Skied the local roads until the plows got too aggressive. Built a quinzee in the front yard with all the snow shoveled from the driveway and the front walk. When the kids saw the growing snow pile, I Tom-Sawyered them right into helping! :)

Somewhere around a foot in the driveway in SE CT. With the wind & stuff hard to tell, took about three hours to shovel it. Not wanting to break trail with 24" of new snow next Monday I'm okay with where it fell this week. I want to be done with the white snow (read $H!+) in mid-March after that it will have to fall at Waumbek's yard, sorry :)